Thursday, February 13, 2014

Concerts

        I love going to concerts. I've only been to two and they were amazing. I doubt that I'll forget them anytime soon. Especially since I've been assaulted in some way at both of them

        The bands that were playing at the first concert were Seether, Kyng (they suck), and Eye Empire. A few hours before the concert, my friend and I drove to Grand Rapids and waited in line for about a half an hour when we got there. Finally, when it was 7:00, they started to let people in. My friend and I went Inside and bought a few shirts then went near the stage and waited for the opening band,Eye Empire, to start playing. And sadly, not many people were paying attention to them. But they were pretty good even though the vocals were too quiet.

       Then the next band, Kyng, came on and yeah.......they sucked and they were calling the audience b*%#hes because some of us were shouting for another band that was supposed to be playing(Sick Puppies) even though they got kicked off the tour because their singer was being "self-entitled".

        And finally, Seether, the band I came to see started to play. To sum up their performance in a few words; it was amazing. Though there was a group of drunk girls behind us and one of them grabbed my friends butt and another randomly started punching me in the back, it didn't take away from the enjoyment of the show.

  
Credit:http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Seetherlogo-black.jpg

       The bands that were playing at the second concert that I've been to were Flyleaf, Drowning Pool, and Start in Stereo. 

       The first band that played was Stars in Stereo. They were pretty good a nd I later found out that one of their guitarists was Dr. Phil's son. I just found that to be strange.

       The second band that played was Drowning Pool and they were amazing. During the time that they played a mosh pit erupted and I jumped into it. Now if you're standing on the borders of a mosh pit you should expect people to ram into you; but I guess one guy just wasn't having it. I rammed into him a few times and he decided it would be a good idea to pick me up and throw me on my head. I was knocked out for a few moments and don't remember any of that happening.

   
Photo Credit:http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drowning_Pool

     Flyleaf was alright. Their original singer had recently quit and her replacement's voice didn't really fit their music. The rest of the band was awesome though, especially their bassist.

Credit:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyleaf_(band)



1 comment:

  1. Jon-
    I like going to concerts also, I like more of classic rock music and sometimes hard rock. Usually the Beatles, the Who, AC/DC, and some Three Days Grace. I've been to Rain (a tribute to the Beatles) and it felt extremly authentic. Me and my friend (whos into more of Disturbed, Three Days Grace, and Some Metalica) went to Lansing's Common Ground to see ^Three Days Grace. We got in for free by working as trash pickup half of the time. It was awesome, I ate one of them elephant ears (those big cinnamon covered pastries). Concerts can be really fun. (^-^)

    ReplyDelete